WHAT IS ECHO?
Enhancing Community Health Outreach
The ECHO project is designed to assist the challenged and disadvantaged citizens of Detroit to achieve greater levels of independence. The Michigan Department of Human Services (DHS) recognizes the difficult times many individuals are experiencing and is supporting ECHO's effort in reaching out and removing the barriers blocking them from self-sufficiency.
WHO WILL ECHO HELP?
ECHO is for individuals not living up to their potential and who may be under one of the following categories:
2. Returning Citizens (Offenders).
3. Regularly Unemployed.
4. Recipient of a DHS program.
5. Potential/ At-Risk of becoming a recipient of a DHS program.
6. Low-income individuals.
HOW WILL ECHO HELP ME?
Through strategically-placed faith-based sites, ECHO's professional, trained staff is prepared to help you improve your life and increase your success.
We will help you:
• Assess your particular situation.
• Identify and remove the barriers hindering your success.
• Apply for DHS benefits and access other needed services and resources.
• Increase your ability to effectively engage in appropriate job search, job readiness, training and educational activities.
• Collaborate and partner with other agencies, as needed, to ensure your enhancement and satisfaction.
• Transform the "stumbling blocks" in your life into "stepping stones".